The small percentage of entrepreneurs who succeed know this: If your business is going to succeed, you must focus on constant improvements. Small, incremental changes in your business are the key to succeeding in business.
The following are two key areas every business should focus on:
1. Cash Flow
Trying to run a business without cash is like driving a car without fuel. Your business can’t survive without cash.
Think of the following as you improve your cash flow:
- Understand how much cash your business needs each month to succeed.
- Seek profits, and focus less on revenue. Revenue is important but it doesn’t tell you the whole picture. Ultimately, a profitable business is a successful business.
- Save your cash. You need to have cash reserves to get through tough times.
- Get paid fast. Offer incentives to customers who pay fast. Fire slow paying customers.
- Ask for net-30 or net-60 payment terms to help you hang onto cash longer.
- Use an accounting software to help you with cash flow. Set alerts to stay on top of your cash flow.
- Consider an invoice factoring company such as American Funding Solutions. They can be the solution to your cash flow problems.
Managing a small business is a huge challenge. Entrepreneurs often find themselves working in
the business instead of working on
If your business is going to succeed, you will have to create systems. Systems will help you create processes and procedures. Systems help you hire and train people faster. Systems will also enable you to remove yourself from the daily operations.
You can better manage your business by the following:
- Focus on consistency. Consistent quality of product and customer service is the key to succeed.
- Run your business by systems. Don’t allow team members to change your systems without your approval.
- If you have hired the wrong person, let him or her go fast. The wrong employee damages your business. A poorly performing employee also reduces the performance of the rest of your team.
To take your business to the next level, constantly improve your cash flow and management.